BODYBALANCE™ is the Yoga, Tai Chi, Pilates workout that builds flexibility and strength and leaves you feeling centred and calm. Controlled breathing, concentration and a carefully structured series of stretches, moves and poses to music create a holistic workout that brings the body into a state of harmony and balance.
The class started with a tai-chi warm-up…cool – I can handle that! Then, into some of the yoga moves that I had done previously. When we hit the downward dog,
I had to dodge Mommy’s dirty looks – what the hell have you gotten me into? Down into the plank – if looks could kill!
And onto the mat for the yucky part – pilates core workout! Guess what? I still haven’t developed any stomach muscles (ummm…and it seems neither has Mommy!) More yoga, some flowing tai chi and finishing with a 10 minute meditation to clear the mind.
I must say that the final meditation was very much appreciated, as I dripped sweat onto my mat and waited to be scraped from the floor.
Earlier in the day, Mommy and I went to visit the doctor (rheumatologist #3). I tried to motivate him with the promise of fame, fortune and untold riches (He could be the One! The One who could show empathy! The One who could publish numerous journal articles! The One that all FM patients would seek!) Erm…it seems he wasn’t interested.
So, the plan is:
- maintain Lyrica dosage – 150 mg am & pm (til step 6);
- stop taking the Prednisolone (no weaning as I was only on it for a week);
- visit GP on Friday to start weaning off Sertraline (anti-depressant actually being used for depression) over the week;
- no anti-depressant for one week (should be some interesting posts that week!);
- start Cymbalta (until we find correct dose for my depression);
- reduce morning dose Lyrica;
- reduce evening dose Lyrica.
Of course, steps 6 and 7 will only be attempted if necessary; and step 5 may take quite a while. If at any stage, I find that everything feels better, then I’ll be leaving it as is. I have a follow-up appointment with Rheumatologist #3 in 3 months.
So it looks like it’s up to me and Mommy (and my poor GP – she doesn’t know yet! with as much input from you guys as you feel like giving) to discover the secret (at least, the one that works for me) behind managing the pain, fatigue and fog and returning to work.
- Moving Meditation (fibromodem.com)
- Yoga and Pilates (suemtravels.wordpress.com)
- Pilates Pleasure (fibromodem.com)
- So, I went to Yoga… (fibromodem.com)
- Time For Play – Pilates Style (bodymindsol.com)
- Tai chi’s energy healing techniques may help COPD patients (dahnyogataichi.com)
- Yoga cocktail (mixing yoga with other moves) (marcbestgen.net)