Being happy starts with giving away worry and stress (or so I’m told). Letting go of anything in life can be a little scary, but it can also be an amazing act of self-love.
This Christmas (or whatever holy days you may be celebrating), why not give away these 20 things and reach unlimited happiness.
- Give away all thoughts that don’t make you feel empowered and strong.
- Give away feeling guilty for doing what you truly want to do.
- Give away the fear of the unknown; take one small step and watch the path reveal itself.
- Give away regrets; at one point in your life, that “whatever” was exactly what you wanted.
- Give away worrying; worrying is like praying for what you don’t want.
- Give away blaming anyone for anything; be accountable for your own life. If you don’t like something, you have two choices, accept it or change it.
- Give away thinking you are damaged; you matter, and the world needs you just as you are.
- Give away thinking your dreams are not important; always follow your heart.
- Give away being the “go-to person” for everyone, all the time; stop blowing yourself off and take care of yourself first … because you matter.
- Give away thinking everyone else is happier, more successful or better off than you. You are right where you need to be. Your journey is unfolding perfectly for you.
- Give away thinking there’s a right and wrong way to do things or to see the world. Enjoy the contrast and celebrate the diversity and richness of life.
- Give away cheating on your future with your past. It’s time to move on and tell a new story.
- Give away thinking you are not where you should be. You are right where you need to be to get to where you want to go, so start asking yourself where you want to go.
- Give away anger toward ex-lovers and family. We all deserve happiness and love; just because it is over doesn’t mean the love was wrong.
- Give away the need to do more and be more; for today, you’ve done the best you can; and that’s enough.
- Give away thinking you have to know how to make it happen; we learn the way on the way.
- Give away your money woes — make a plan to pay off debt and focus on your abundance.
- Give away trying to save or change people. Everyone has her own path, and the best thing you can do is work on yourself and stop focusing on others.
- Give away trying to fit in and be accepted by everyone. Your uniqueness is what makes you outstanding.
- Give away self-hate. You are not the shape of your body or the number on the scale. Who you are matters, and the world needs you as you are.