Must. Stay. Awake.
I’m never more than a slow blink away from falling face-first into my laptop in a pile of drool and snores – I’m literally struggling to keep my eyes open writing this article.
If you also battle constantly feeling tired, the good news is, there’s usually a medical reason for it that can be resolved with appropriate treatment. For the unlucky ones of us though, the struggle is very real…
1. There is literally no place or position in which you couldn’t fall asleep.
2. Getting out of bed in the morning is HELL.
3. ALL forms of morning-time activity are slow torture.
4. ESPECIALLY extra-early morning meetings.
5. You’ve had to develop a repertoire of excuses for being late.
6. No speaking can take place until coffee has been consumed.
7. And one coffee is never, ever enough.
8. You have been known to fall asleep at your desk.
9. A comfy couch is your kryptonite.
10. You’ve turned down social events in favour of napping.
11. Weekend time = sleep time.
12. People who schedule brunch catch-ups earlier than 11am make you want to throat punch them.
13. Any form of exercise immediately signals your napping instincts.
14. You resort to snacking constantly to stay pepped up at work.
15. And if you don’t get your fix every few hours, severe hanger strikes (otherwise known as FEED ME OR I WILL CUT YOU).
16. Boozing always results in you crawling into the nearest bed or couch and dozing off.
17. You start to freak out if you’re not in bed by 10:30…
18. And as such, have been known to leave parties early because bed is calling.
19. People who interrupt your sleep inspire a special kind of rage.
20. You regularly zone out mid task and conversation because you’re too tired to think.
21. You’d literally choose sleep over sex without hesitation.
22. Your bed is your fave place in the world.
23. Let’s face it. If there was a way to make a career out of sleeping, you’d take it in a heartbeat.
Images via giphy.com and tumblr.com.
Do you relate to the struggle of always feeling tired?